Friday, August 12, 2011

# 83. the world, my playground, my job, my teacher, my home, my family.

picture by pinkforsure.com

grasping tightly the soft canvas of my oversized bag, i took the last sight of both my parents, holding each other tightly. both of their hands clasped closely together, white, while their remaining free hands, waved goodbye towards me. with all my might, i held my tears in captive. i turned towards the led lights that says departure. i know that will be the last time that i am going to see both my very first best friends in a very long time. and with that, i know that i am headed to what i have been longing to do my whole life. i know that the world is my playground, my job, my teacher, my home, my family. i know i am destined to take this path.

being in the limelight, being on top of the pyramid, being liked or hated by many, seem to be the destination that many of my peers have been chasing reluctantly. i have been there; not on top, not the best but though i've just a had little taste of it, i realised it did not interest me a single bit. being in the midst of dramas and the unkindness of humans, life seemed to have lost its meaning, lost its touch. again, there i was, in my nest, i wondered.

studies, degree certification, five-figure salaries, branded handbags, five-inch stilettos, shiny automobiles, 1000sq mansion. is that all there is to define life? does looking like models in high fashion magazines gonna define who i am deep down inside? does owning the best in the world going to make me the happiest person? does gaining approval from the rotten society going to make me any better as a person? i highly doubt so. so what is there to life? when we were all born with only our very first best friend; our imagination, we dared dream, we dared live, we were simple, we were happy. why now should the meaning of life be any different? why now should we learn to be sly to survive the cruel ways of life? why now should we succumb to the complication of human nature? i don't know, but all i know is that i don't belong.

i wish that i am not chained to the ways of life. i wish that i am not binded to commitments. i wish that i am not judge by the ways of society. i wish that i can just go. no plans, no possessions, no stops. afterall, we were all born with no possession, no plans, no stops to start with. so why do we all get tied down to the need to conform to the ways of society? why do we desire for more possessions? why do we plan when life is just as it is? life is simple, it is only us humans which complicates it.

good or bad, right or wrong, i just want to live again. i just want to go.

inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment