Thursday, June 4, 2009

# 20. Of a father's love.

day one.
he carried me in his arms, proud and happy. the edges of his lips smiling from one edge to the other. his eyes looking deep into the identical but tiny version of mine, and at that very moment, he made me a promise that he vowed to keep forever, that is to shower me with all the love in the world. i responded with nothing but a tiny giggle and that was one of the most memorable days of his life.

day onethousandtwohundredandnine.
he was holding me so tight, throwing me up and down, a smile so wide pasted upon his face and i was laughing at the top of my lungs. i was delirious. he put me down on my feet and i immediately ran around, striding the beautiful green grass leaving my tiny little tracks along the way. he was trying to keep up with my pace, trying to catch me. i was running as fast as my tiny legs can carry me. suddenly, i tripped and i fell. i felt this enormous pain hitting the very skin of my knee. the pain was unbearable. immediately, tears started forming in my eyes and i cried. his strong arms immediately wrapped around me, lifting me up and his gentle hands automatically made its way towards my wounds. he's comforting voice shhush-ed me and it ensured me that everything will be okay.

day fivethousandsixhundredandthirtythree.
"Byeee." tears were rolling uncontrollably down my soft, tear-stained cheeks as i painfully returned the reciever back to its respective place. my heart was aching as her words,"Our 9 year long friendship doesn't mean anything to me." continued playing painfully up in my head, as though it was on repeat mode. i just got off the phone with my closest best friend who mattered a lot to me. i walked across the hall, making my way back to my room with all the energy and courage left, putting up a face for my familly to see. but he knew, without a word or a question, he laid his arms around me, holding me so close to him that the very energy and courage that i have to pull my self together, evaporated and i broke down, sobbing uncontrollably but this time, i know that things will get better because no matter what, i have him to give me the strength to carry through.

day eightthousandonehundred.
i was standing as straight as i possibly can, head held high, a proud smile plastered across my face. i was holding a piece of beautifully rolled paper, tied with a yellow ribbon. i was wearing a big, huge robe and a graduation cap was handsomely rested on my head. there he stood amongst the crowd. his joy and pride was so so much that even me, standing across the room, was able to feel it. after the ceremony was done, he was the first one to rushed up to give me the biggest hug ever. as he pulled back, a little tear was seen in his beautiful eyes, a tear of joy.

day ninethousandonehundredandeightyfour.
there he stood. so handsome in his tuxedo suit, he handed out his arm in the most gentleman-like way, and i hooked his arm in response to what he did. i was so nervous, my hands were shivering, he without wasting a second, immediately placed his other hand on mine. as we walked down the aisle, arm in arm, walking towards the man of my dreams, i knew, that i was the luckiest woman on earth, to have found two men who love me with all their life. as he passed my hands to my other half, he looked deeply into my eyes with tears of happiness and joy, he hugged me and whispered, "I'm so proud of you and I will always love you." and i whispered back, "I love you, daddy."

*ps. i would love to dedicate this post to my daddy.
*pss. Happy Father's day to all fathers in the world in advance.

Inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment