Wednesday, June 10, 2009

# 21. Man's best friend.

As I strolled aimlessly across the beautiful sunsetting beach, every little tiny grain of sand rubbed softly against the very skin of my bare feet, making me sink deeper and deeper into my own sorrowful world. My brain was filled with many thoughts. I felt as though as I was drowning in my very own world. I suddenly felt a soft warm furry body against my legs, circling me and caressing me. I broke off from my own deep thoughts. I looked down, and I saw a beautiful white Indian Spitz. I bent down, my hands immediately navigated its way around its white fur. It was jumping up and down, delirous. I petted its head and I stood up, my legs started pacing faster and faster, I turned my head, looking backwards and I saw its white proudful mane flaring as it ran against the strong wind towards me. Its tiny little legs were so swift, it caught up with me in a matter of seconds. I immediately carried it into my arms and I rolled down on the soft white sand. As I looked into it, I saw my reflection in its eyes, I was smiling. And that day changed my whole life forever.

Days and nights passed. Work and eat and sleep. Everyday seems so robotic, nothing ever really changes. People come and go. New gadgets and the latest fashion updates itself every now and then. Everything seems so unpredictable, so unworthy of living, uncertain. But it was always here, beside me, loyal and faithful. Whenever tears flooded my eyes, it will just cuddle up with me quietly and patiently. Whenever I'm upset and angry, it never failed to put a smile in my face. Whenever I'm happy, it knows and it will share my happiness with absolute joy. Whenever I fall down, my hero in shining white fur will never fail to come and pick me up. Whenever I am in danger and in harm, it will give it all and fence me from them. It's love is so strong that no matter what, I know that I always will have it to lean back on.

It's fur started to drop more and more. As years passed, it is not as vibrant and as swift as it used to be. It gets tired easily even just with a little exercise. I sat on a resting chair across a fireplace in my living room, sipping hot chocolate in a cold winter day. I looked down beside my chair. Its wide eyes staring back at me with full adoration and love. My heart immediately felt warmth that gave birth to a genuine smile plastered on my face. I automatically petted its head and I continued stroking its white fur up and down. My eyes started to close and I was fast asleep. Dawn arise and when I opened my eyes, it was another new day. I stood up, strecthing my arms, yawning and when I was done, I smiled, having thought of my precious up in my head. I looked down at it. Its eyes were closed. I bent down. Wanting to wake it up, I decided pet it and give it a gentle push but all I felt was a cold, stiff body. I was shocked. I shook it harder. It remained still. I broke down. I held its body so close to me, hoping with every fibre of muscle in me that it will just jump awake but with no avail. It hit me that I have lost someone who really love me, my very best friend, whom I love equally much.


*ps. In the loving memory of Zero.
*pss. I've always wanted to write a post about dogs. I love doggies a whole lot and now is never the best time for this post.

Inspirations.

1 comment:

  1. haven't had time to read through the post but you got a dog????

    ReplyDelete