Sunday, April 11, 2010

# 61. Faith.

First and foremost,
if you guys do follow me on my facebook or twitter, you will definitely know that my grandmother, unfortunately was admitted to the hospital. i would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to those kind souls who've asked about my grandma's condition and thanks for those encouraging words. my grandma is currently stable and is slowly but surely, healing and gaining strength. thank you.-melaniehwa. 12042010.
Alright, now, let me start off by asking you readers out there, a simple question. What is the one thing that you will keep if you are forced to give everything up in your life? The one thing in the whole world, your ability? your talent? your material possessions? For me, I would like to say, I would like to keep the priviledge of prayers given by the grace of God. I dare not say that I am very religious nor am I a very strong Christian. But I for one, am one of the millions, billions, child of God to say that I do believe in Him.

Past few days, I read the first few pages of "Have a little Faith by Mitch Albom", he elaborated about how he slacked off. I believe, this is nothing unfamiliar to all of us Christians now. What he said, I find true. It is not rebellion, it is not that I have lost faith, but it is more of the unnecessity. We do not see the need of God to be in our lives when we see things moving smoothly. We do not see the need to pray for more when we see our careers blossoming or when our dreams achieved. We kind of created this "you go your way, I go my way" pack. Truth is, God is never away from us. Every single pray made, He listens. I for one, am not perfect. I ain't going to lie, that I too, doubt at times. But throughout my years of being a Christian, I am confident in saying that He never have failed me. Eventhough at times, my prayers were not answered, I see and understand in time, that it is for my own good. He knows whats best for you and me at the best timing.

Like you, I do fall. We afterall, are only humans. We ain't perfect. It is easy to know that God is always there, but to actually believe it always, is not as easy as it sounds. Lucky for me, He never fail to show His wonders. Listening to what my dad told me regarding the recent family drama, the very one point of what he said, had proven that God is above any and every other gods, further strengthened my faith in Him. I have been praying for my grandma for the past week. I am glad that He, had kept my grandma under His wings, healing her, keeping her alive till this very day. This is not the first time that He had answered my prayers, and this will definitely not be the last.

This post is written from a very personal point of view, different from how I use to write. I just want this to be something that I would read back on, as something to remind me of how great is He. I had been praying for my family's salvation ever since dayone, and listening to what my dad said, kind of given me a whole new breath to push on. This is because, as grey as the hope seemed, I know, with what has happened, that God is working. I know for sure, that it is going to happen someday. I believe in Him.


Inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment