Saturday, April 24, 2010

# 63. Stripped.

photograph by brittanycruickshank

Flashlights, loud applause, huge amount of people who adore and love you, bathed with roaring cheers. Having lots of people who know your name, many to cheer you on, flooding you with compliments and praise. What can be better than that? But what happens when the lights go off? When the curtain falls? You're all alone accompanied by nothing but silence and darkness. You are nothing but a character on stage. No one truly knows who you are, no one understands you, no one even bother trying. Nope, not even one. But yet, when its time for your next scene, you pat off the dust on your shoulders, wipe away your tear-glistening eyes, and once again you're all smiles. Fame and glam? I guess all of these are rooted from our in-born human instinct of wanting to be accepted. Such characteristic lead us to fall into temptations. Such false happiness keeps people chasing blindly, deluding us from what matters most in life, who we really are and what we really want.

Imagine this, you are now at the center of the stage and the spotlight is on you. All that is left is you. Strip down, lay down piece by piece, the garments and make-ups that you've been unconsciously adding slowly but surely, upon yourself. Discover once again the simple things that matters most to you and who you truly are beneath the surface. Reading a post by a random someone, reminded me of the reason why I've started this blog at the very first place; that is to inspire and to share my thoughts and feelings about a picture which carries a million words. Going back to my past writings, a simple question popped up. Who have I become? I for one, haven't really been myself for a very long time now. I guess, its not cause I don't want to be, its just, I've forgotten who that person was and is rather tired of trying to search beneath those scars.

So here I am, Stripped. I love reading stories which inspires, which makes me think, what if?, which gives me a whole new perspective about the world that we are living in. I am secretly amazed with how simple words can carry so much meaning a person, at the right time. I love writing and how words can express my feelings and thoughts and how it can miraculously mend my heart. I love how classical music lullaby me to sleep every night, how jazz and blues can be such great combination with a cup of hot chocolate in front of a warm fireplace, how indie and country brighten up my day, how sad songs act as medicine to the brokenhearted. I love dogs. I love learning by sight and travelling around the globe is always in my list of things to do. I hate gossiping as much as it might be tempting at times. I miss those days when me and my brothers were younger, how the house used to be alil' more packed, filled with arguments and laughters. I dream big and act out. I'd die for Starbucks not only for its greenteafrappe, but for its cosy, warm-at-home atmosphere. I am not a very quiet person but I've learnt that silence is easier and safer. I think details are much more important than the big picture. I love bubble teas. I hate people who whine because I think why waste time whining, instead of finding a solution. I love white. I love movies which carry meanings and a story rather than just for the sake of entertainment. I see how beautiful simple things can be, but I do get bored easily at times. I am fickle minded. I love how pictures can speak a thousand words. I have an untamed heart. I am a procrastinator. I love to be in a room filled with people, but yet, I love to be all alone, wrapped up in my blanket, watching dramas. I adore cartoons but not anime. I hate how judgmental, ignorant, atrocious people can be. I used to be very competitive and stern. I am a midnight maid. I try very hard to please everyone. I am lost in the midst of the storms of life. I do not understand unkindness. I act nonchalant but I always care, no matter how much I try otherwise. I am not dumb nor am I a bad actress, I just don't like to be fake. I am scared, very. I am tired of trying to earn acceptance.

Strip down and you'll learn many simple things that make you, You.

Inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment