Friday, April 16, 2010

# 62. Fraud Model Casting.

I came across an email lately stating that there is a modelling opportunity for me from a person who claims to be Sam, by the email, ssaamm80@yahoo.com. He sent me a promotion that says Marks&Spencer is holding a model casting call. He claimed to be a referee that works in Viacom in the States(Viacom is a media-tv company in the States) and that he had found me through other referrals. He claimed that I can get paid up to RM 24 000. Wow-ing huh? So I looked through the promo. Weird enough, I find that the photoshop skills are really bad. The promo doesn't look like something a big company like M&S would produce. Not only that, he claimed that M&S is working together with Berjaya, Astro and Genting for this project. Weird combination, no? Alright, moving on, the details on the promo actually states the payment for models (mind you, never did I once, seen that on a casting call promo). Besides that, they are so lazy, they even forgot to put in the closing date and contact details! And as far as I know, M&S doesn't hire local models. That adds up to my curiousity.


So as always, before I sign anything with any company, I do my homework. I went to M&S and true enough, there weren't such model casting calls. I asked him for referrals, and he was trying to divert whenever I insist on wanting such informations, he even got mad, trying to proof that he isn't asking me for any money and it is only for my own good. The last message that I've gotten from him before I stopped replying was when he wanted my portfolio- my pictures in good quality(prolly, for him to misuse or to sell off) To confirm, I sent an enquiry letter to M&S. True enough, it was a fraud. So please do take notice, friends. And to Mr. Sam, please do brighten up and improve your skills before wanting to cheat. Please do not waste your time and make a fool out of yourself.

Inspirations.

5 comments:

  1. you have perverted fans!
    wait.. you have weird fans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dickheads.. careful next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, almost a victim then. I also receive the mes send by him,and i have email and ask M&S about this and found out that its fraud. At first,I am quite happy to receive this offer but then found out that its just fraud. So i searching for his email address now so that i can find out who is this. Then i found out your email by providing his email and i just realize. I have provide him a few of my picture since at first he request. Did you send to him too? so regret and afraid what he will did on my photos. Thinking of revenge him since he thought i will accept the offer now?what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. another victim here.hope to revenge,any suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
  5. al: lol. nah. not fans. duno whr they get my email from.

    sinling: thank you! =) will do. =)

    anonymous: sigh. yeah. he did asked for my pictures. but i didnt send to him, cuz i was curious y does he need such good quality pictures. so therefore, i decided to ignore him and try to find out more proof b4 doing anything rash. hmm, i really dont know what will he do, unfortunately. did he reply u after u sent him your pictures?

    anonymous: hmm, you too? sigh. i dont have any ideas of what to do.

    ReplyDelete